Barnhart has hundreds of employees across the United States who perform thousands of projects a year safely and successfully. We empower all our employees to be actively engaged in safety and offer plenty of training and guidance.
Here are a few rules for crane operators we’d like to share.
- Always work safe.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Always familiarize yourself with your equipment.
- Always refer to the crane capacity charts.
- Always ensure lifts are properly rigged.
- Never operate under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Never leave crane unsecured.
- Never operate in the blind without the assistance of a signal person.
- Never allow anyone to ride the load or ball.
- Never side load a crane.
In any situation, safety always comes first. Your safety, along with your colleagues, customers, vendors and the general public are paramount.